This cake is soooo delicious you won't even be able to tell that it isn't gluten full!!!
* 1 tsp coffee
*1 tsp hot water
* 100g butter
*150g dark choc
*1 tsp vanilla essence
*4 lrg eggs
*3/4 cup caster sugar
*200g almond meal (I buy it in bulk and it is HEAPS cheaper)
1. Dissolve coffee in the hot water.
2. Place butter, choc, vanilla & coffee in saucepan over low heat until melted.
3. Separate eggs in two bowls.
4. Beat whites with half the sugar until stiff with soft peaks.
5. Beat yolks with other half of the sugar until light and creamy.
6. Fold cooled choc mixture into yolk mix.
7. Stir in almond meal.
8. Fold in egg whites
9. Bake for approx 40 mins on 160degrees
Notes: Beating the egg whites till they are similar to a meringue mixture gives the cake it's height. It doesn't raise a great deal.
I ice mine with dark choc ganache (melted dark choc with cream mixed in).